6 servings Total Time: 1 hr
- Garnishes: fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves and sprigs, lemon slices
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place each veal chop between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet.
2. Process panko, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, rosemary leaves, thyme leaves, and lemon zest in a food processor until herbs are finely chopped. Transfer panko mixture to a shallow dish.
3. Whisk together eggs and 1 Tbsp. water in another shallow dish. Sprinkle each veal chop with 1 tsp. kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Dip each chop in egg mixture. (Do not dip the bone.) Dredge chops in panko mixture, pressing to adhere.
4. Cook 1 chop in 2 Tbsp. hot olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with remaining chops, oil, and butter, wiping skillet clean after each chop. Place chops on wire racks in 2 jelly-roll pans.
5. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.