PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE OPENING OR HANDLING PRODUCT
- We send extra clams so please discard the few that might have been broken in transit – Ups doesn’t understand these are super fragile – we apologize on behalf of UPS
- Steamer Clams are ALIVE and need to BREATHE so please do not PANIC if you see the shells gaping – this is very NORMAL for this variety of shellfish!
Unpacking the product best practices:
- If you are going to eat immediately transfer to a glass or stainless steel bowl remove and broken clams – those have to be tossed, but like we mentioned we overpack this product so not to worry, we have you covered.
- If you are going to eat later, simply cover the clams with moist paper towels and eat within 24 hours
- clams are in a glass bowl they need to be purged with fresh water to remove any residual sand within the clams. This will also wake up the clams and you will see some movement - the shells typically close.
- To purge fill the bowl up with fresh water 5 or 6 times allowing a few minutes inbetween each filling. When there is no sand at the bottom of the bowl you are good to start cooking.
To cook: (for 2 lbs)
- 3 Tbl Butter, 3 Tbl White Wine, ½ Tsp Salt, ½ tsp Black Pepper, ½ lemon’s juice, 1 Tbl Parsley
- Melt 3 oz of butter on the side for dipping
- Combine all Ingredients and bring to a simmer, adjust seasoning to taste
- Add clams and cover for 5-7 minutes
- Reserve steaming liquid to dip in as the first dip
- Then dip into the straight butter as the second dip
– Happy cooking – Chef Adam