Salmon with Caper –Garlic Butter
Time 25 minutes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (or 2 small ones)
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) skin-on salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons drained capers, pat dry,
- 1 lemon
- Fresh chopped parsley, for serving
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, mash together butter, capers (1 tbs), garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, melt about half the caper- garlic butter. Add fish, skin side down and place the lemon slices on top. Cook for 3 minutes over high heat to brown the skin, spooning some pan drippings over the top of the fish as it cooks. Add the remaining capers to bottom of pan, and transfer to oven. Roast until fish is just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and add remaining caper- garlic butter to pan to melt.
- Place salmon on plates and spoon the pan sauce over the top. Squeeze the lemon half over the salmon and garnish with chopped parsley.
Serve and enjoy!