Peruvian Halibut Ceviche
- 1 pound sushi-grade halibut, cubed
- 5 cups fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup fresh corn off the cobb
- ¼ cup finely diced red pepper finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped orange pepper chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, sliced chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Chop the halibut into bite sized pieces and place in a glass or stainless-steel mixing bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt and pour in the lime juice (add more lime juice if the fish isn’t completely submerged). Stir well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours, stirring occasionally, or until fish is completely white and “cooked” through.
- Strain the halibut, discarding the lime juice. Place the halibut in a serving bowl. 3. Add the peppers, corn, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro to the mixing bowl and gently toss to combine. Add sea salt to taste.
- Serve as is, or with toasted bread.