Tuna Pasta Salad is a refreshing and nutritious dish that combines the heartiness of pasta with the rich flavors of tuna and fresh vegetables. This versatile tuna pasta salad recipe is perfect for a quick weekday lunch, a potluck gathering, or even a light dinner on a warm summer evening. Bursting with colors and textures, this dish not only delights your taste buds but also provides a healthy dose of essential nutrients.
How to Make Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe:
This is the tuna and pasta salad recipe for a quick and delicious seafood meal while also elevating your seafood experience.
For the Best Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe:
- Fresh yellowfin tuna steak
- 10 oz (280g) rotini or penne pasta
- 2 cans (10 oz each) chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional for added creaminess)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional, for tanginess)
For the Tuna Pasta Salad Dressing Recipe:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it is al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper until well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked pasta, flaked tuna, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, black olives (if using), and crumbled feta cheese (if using). Gently toss everything together to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the pasta and tuna mixture. Toss the salad again until all the ingredients are well coated with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or transfer the salad to airtight containers. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. When ready to serve, sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over the top for added freshness and color.
- Make your best recipe for tuna pasta salad by adding your favorite veggies such as corn, peas, or avocado.
- For a tuna pasta salad recipe healthy, you can use whole-grain or gluten-free pasta.
- Adjust the dressing's ingredients to your taste preference, adding a bit more lemon juice for extra tanginess or more herbs for added flavor.