4 Servings Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
Calories: 296 per serving
2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
1 lb ground beef
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, divided fresh cilantro (optional)
Thai Basil Beef Sauce:
1 tbsp chili paste
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1. In a small bowl combine chili paste, soy sauce, Fish sauce, brown sugar and lime juice until incorporated, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet set over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon and stirring often, about 6 minutes.
3. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic to the beef and cook until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour the sauce mixture along with the fresh basil (reserving a fresh few leaves for the top) and continue cooking until basil starts to wilt.
5. Serve over rice topped with fresh basil and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!