This recipe is truly a make it your own type of meal! Pick and choose the ingredients from YOUR favorite roll to customize and crave your appetite!
- 1 cup of sushi rice
- Nori / Seaweed sheets - 1 full sheet sliced into small strips
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp of unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 2 cups of Crunchy Veggies, such as cucumber (diced)
- Advocado (optional)
- Your favorite filling - such as crabmeat, tuna, or salmon!
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Soy sauce or tamari
- Glass jars
- Pour the rice into a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water for at least 60 seconds. Drain and transfer to a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add the water and salt. Bring to a boil, stir, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, covered.
- While the rice cooks, stir together the rice vinegar and sugar. Continue stirring until most of the sugar has dissolved, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked rice to a bowl and gently fold in the vinegar mixture until well combined. Allow the rice to cool before assembling the jars.
- Combine the cucumber and avocado in a bowl.
- To assemble the jars, add ¼ cup of cooked and cooled rice to each of the four jars. Top with a large spoonful of the cucumber and avocado mix, 2 Tbsp. of your filling, some of the nori strips and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Add a second layer of these ingredients, starting again with the cooked rice.
- Lid each jar and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To serve, empty the contents of a jar onto a plate and drizzle with soy sauce or tamari. Finish with extra sesame seeds, if desired.