COLUMBIAN SHRIMP STEW & COCONUT RICE
Serves 6 Cook time 30 minutes
2 lbs shrimp, shelled & deveined
1 TSP Creole Blend Seafood Seasoning
6 TBSP butter
2 TBSP EVOO
2 medium onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
5 fresno peppers, thinly sliced
8 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups chicken or shrimp stock
4 cups crushed tomatoes
2 TSP cumin powder
1/2 TSP salt
1 TSP pepper
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 cups white rice, dry
1 14oz can coconut milk
2 cups water
2 TBSP EVOO
1 TBSP sugar
1 TSP salt
- Season shrimp with creole seasoning.
- Melt butter in EVOO in large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions, peppers, cook until tender. Add garlic & cook for 2 mins.
- Whisk in stock, tomatoes & cumin.
- Simmer 20 mins.
- Add shrimp, gently combine with sauce & cook for 7 mins.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper, stir into sauce.
- Garnish with lime juice & additional parsley.
ARROZ CON COCO ( Rice)
- Toast dry rice in EVOO for 2 mins.
- Add coconut milk, dissolve & stir.
- Add water, sugar & salt.
- Bring to boil, give it a stir, allow some liquid to evaporate, then turn heat to low.
- Cover & steam for 20 mins.
- Turn heat off, uncover & fluff rice with fork.
- Cover & steam another 5 mins.
Photo & Recipe by SundayDinnerDiary