SHRIMP SCAMPI LINGUINI & ASPARAGUS
Prep Time 30 Minutes
- 1 lb. Linguini pasta (any long pasta is fine)
- 20 Jumbo shrimp cleaned
- 15 spears asparagus (trimmed/cut)
- 5 TBSP EVOO
- 3 TBSP salted butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping TSP red pepper flakes / crushed
- 1 glass dry white wine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Splash of heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan freshly grated
- Parsley small bunch chopped
- Cook pasta for 2 minutes under regular cooking time for extra al dente. Reserve 2 cups pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil & butter on medium heat in a deep skillet with garlic & red pepper flakes to infuse the oil with flavor. Add wine and reduce by half.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add asparagus & sauté until just tender. Remove.
- Now sauté the shrimp until they just turn pink. Add cooked asparagus back to pan. Add cooked pasta to the pan & toss gently until combined. Add enough reserved pasta water until your desired sauce consistency is achieved.
- Add black pepper, lemon juice, parsley. Add cream & toss gently until the sauce nicely coats the pasta.
- Plate & garnish with additional black pepper, parsley & cheese.
Recipe by Jennifer, SundayDinnerDiary