SEARED SCALLOPS WITH PONZU, GINGER AND CHIVES
Prep Time 15 minutes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 tablespoons ponzu sauce
2 teaspoons minced ginger
4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry using a towel or paper towel.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium to high heat, add and heat the extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the dry scallops in the hot oil. Sear until golden brown on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the scallops from the pan, set on the side.
- Add the ponzu sauce, stirring and scraping up solids from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the liquid until it becomes thickened, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Return the scallops to the pan and add the ginger. Stir until the scallops are coated. Add 3 tablespoons chives just before removing the pan from the heat.
- Place the scallops on a plate and spoon the glaze over. Sprinkle with the remaining chives.