This Recipe is courtesy of our friend and collaborator, Jen Yuen of Sunday Dinner Diary.
Follow Jen on Instagram @SundayDinnerDiary to see more great recipes!
A modern twist on a classic Spanish tapa!
- High quality Spanish Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika
- Baby Potatoes
- Flakey Salt
- Defrost the Octopus if needed, Defrosting tenderizes it naturally. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then shock the Octopus by submerging it tentacles first into the water 3 times. The tentacles will curl.
- Add 2 bay leaves, & cook the octopus on medium heat for about 25 minutes, then turn the heat off & let the octopus rest in the water, covered for another 25 minutes. Remove & Cool. Discard the head & divide into tentacles.
- Boil peeled baby potatoes until fork tender then cool. Slice into disks.
- To give the Octopus a slight char & the potatoes a crisp. Drizzle whole tentacles & potato slices with olive oil, arrange on a sheet pan & set under a broiler for about 6 minutes. Slice tentacles into thick discs.
- Arrange bites. Drizzle with quality olive oil. Sprinkle good smoked paprika and Flakey Salt.