This Recipe is courtesy of our friend and collaborator, Jen Yuen of Sunday Dinner Diary.
Follow Jen on Instagram @SundayDinnerDiary to see more great recipes!
Serves 8 Hungry Friends
- Plenty of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 lobster tails, halved lengthwise
- 8 jumbo prawns
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb of Monkfish, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 24 clams and 24 mussels, precooked with garlic, olive oil, and Albarino
- 4 links of Spanish Chorizo
- 4 oz squid, cleaned, cut into ½ inch rings
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup Salmorra
- 2 cups Bomba Rice
- A pinch of Saffron
- 6 cups of hot, quality seafood stock
- Lemon slices and chopped parsley, for serving
Heat oil in pan over high heat.
Brown chorizo & remove. Add prawns & shrimp. Sear 1 min each side. Transfer to plate. Pour more oil into pan, add lobster, repeat steps, remove. Add monkfish, squid, sauté 2 mins.
Stir in garlic. Cook 1 min. Add peppers, salmorra, browned chorizo, rice. Cook 1 min, stirring to coat rice. Increase heat to high. Add hot stock.
Bring to boil, add saffron. Season with salt. Stir rice first 5 mins while boiling, then lower heat. Simmer additional 15 mins. Do not stir rice again! After 8 mins, lay reserved seafood on top to finish cooking for last few mins. The paella is finished when rice has absorbed all liquid.
Remove from heat. Cover with clean kitchen towel. Rest 5 mins before serving.