OVEN ROASTED BRANZINO WITH CHERRY TOMATOES - BRANZINI AL FORNO
Serves: 2 to 3 people, Cook time 30 minutes
- 2 whole Branzino, 1 to 1½ pound each, cleaned, scaled, and filleted
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, washed and stem portion removed
- Small bunch of thyme, washed and patted dry
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 to 5 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup black olives pitted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375º F, oil a roasting pan with 2 Tbs. of the olive oil. Rinse the prepared fish under cold running water and dry with paper towels.
- Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Arrange 3 or 4 slices of garlic and several sprigs of the thyme for in the roasting pan, place each fillet over the garlic & thyme sprigs in the pan; repeat by placing the sliced garlic & thyme on the top side of the fish.
- Scatter the cherry tomatoes around the Branzino fillets, season lightly with salt & pepper and thyme. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the fish and tomatoes and place into the preheated oven.
- Check the fish after about 15 minutes, shaking the pan to prevent the fish from sticking. The tomatoes will begin to brown and release liquid which will combine with the moisture from the fish to create a natural sauce. Spoon some of the sauce over the fillets, garnish with a few sprigs of thyme and serve immediately.