A Classic New England summer meal - grab your friends and dig into this collaboration of delicious seafood. This is a great base to add your favorites to - Lobster, Crab, Shrimp and more! Get creative and enjoy!
- 2 lbs Steamer Clams
- 2 lbs Mussels
- 1 pack Pat LaFrieda Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 pack Hot Dogs (we really like our new Snake River Farms Wagyu Beef Hot Dogs)
- 1 cup White Wine
- 2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 lbs Small Red Potatoes
- 6 Shallots, peeled
- Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 ears Corn on the Cob, husked
- 4 oz Butter, Melted for dipping
1. Rinse clams under cold running water, clean off excess dirt and sand with a scrub brush. Pull beards off mussels (if there are any)
2. in a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Prick the sausages in multiple spots to avoid bursting. Add Sausages to pot and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until golden brown. transfer to a plate
3. In your same large pot, add the wine and water and turn the heat to high. bring to a boil. Add salt and adjust heat to a simmer.
4. Add the potatoes, shallots, bay leaves, and thyme to the pot. Cover the pot and cook for 6 mins.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients in layers: Sausage, hot dogs, clams, mussels, and corn to your pot. Cover and cook for 10 to 14 mins, or until clams and mussels open
6. Transfer your clambake to a large serving platter. Pour broth in cups for dipping and melted butter into ramekins.