This Miso soup is one of Chef Adam's favorites and he showed us how to make it live on our All Fresh Cooking Academy!
If you would like to learn tips and tricks from Chef Adam and ask him all your cooking questions, Register here to attend: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QsPN64e1RZuvKv4BbgzsqA
Lets Meet Our Ingredients🍜
- Kombu - an Edible Sea Kelp that brings a wonderful umami flavor
- Bonito Flakes - AKA Katsuobushi - Bonito comes from fermented or smoked skipjack tuna and is a main ingredient in Dashi.
- Dashi - a soup starter that is the base for many miso and clear broths - umami in a bottle
- Bok Choy - Chinese Cabbage, that has a taste between spinach and water chestnuts
- Tofu - Extra Firm - Coagulated soy milk pressed to varying firmnesses
- Kamaboko - A fish cake - Cured Surimi product that is very popular in hot pot and ramen dishes - The red outer skin is said to bring good luck
- White miso - Fermented soy with rice, barley, or seaweed - can be salty so it can be best to choose to salt at the end.
- Ramen Noodles - Primarily a wheat noodle
- Shiitake Mushrooms
1. Clean and remove steams on the mushrooms, then slice them. Saute them over medium heat with a tablespoon of oil. Once soft remove from pan
2. Add 4 lbs of water to a large pot
3. Add one large piece of Kombu to the pot.
4.Add 2 tablespoons of white miso and blend in smoothly
5. Add in 1/4 oz Dashi
6. Allow the stock to simmer for 20 mins
7. Cut Bok Choy into quarters and add to Stock
8. Bring Soup to a bail, then add fresh ramen noodles and cook for 4 mins
9. Add in Mushrooms, Garnish with 4 oz tofu cubes and stir in thinly sliced scallions