What's more french than pastries! 🥐 🇫🇷 Chef Adam made this on his last trip to France and will be sharing it with us all on the All Fresh Cooking Academy on September 6th at 7:30pm EST!
Register for the Cooking Academy for Food, Fun, and Giveaways Here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QsPN64e1RZuvKv4BbgzsqA
- 8 eggs
- 8 yolks
- 20 oz Sugar
- 17.5 oz flour
- 21 oz butter
- 1/2 oz Salt
- 2 cups milk
- 6 Tbl Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Tbl cornstarch
- 1 Tbl Vanilla extract or Paste
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
3 Tbl unsalted Butter, softened
1. Combine all ingredients for the Madeleines and whip until it makes very soft peaks in the bowl.
2. Take your Madeleine Mold tray and coat with pan spray.
3. Portion with batter to the top of the mold.
4. Bake at 350 F for 12-14 mins - till golden and center is dry
5. Dust with powdered sugar
1. Combine milk and vanilla and bring to a boil
2. Combine Sugar, egg yolks (4), cornstarch, and salt in a bowl. whisk together until this is smooth and set the bowl on a towel so it does not move around.
3. when the milk is just simmering, remove from heat and add the egg mixture and half of the milk while mixing, slowly
4. Once the milk and egg is tempered - add this mixture back to the hot milk and mix fast.
5. Put back on the heat and bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Once you are seeing big bubbles, stop mixing.
6. Lower the heat and add the butter
7. At this point, remove and transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap directly on the custard so a skin does not form. Allow it to cool
8. Finish by assembling the dessert with fresh berries, cream, and the Madeleines.