HOT & SPICY LOBSTER RISOTTO RECIPE
Serves 6 Cook time 30 mins
1 1/2 lb. cooked lobster meat
2 cups clam juice + 2 cups chicken broth (stock)
2 tbsp EVOO
4 tbsp butter
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 ½ cups Arborio rice
½ cup Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
6 strands of saffron
¼ cup tomato paste
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
Salt & freshly cracked pepper to taste
Chopped parsley, Malden salt, sprig of thyme, more parmesan (garnish)
- In saucepan bring stock to a simmer. Keep warm over low heat.
- In wine glass, soak saffron in white wine for 15 mins.
- In separate large deep pan over medium heat, melt oil & 2 tbsp. butter.
- Add onion, cook until tender.
- Add rice, stir until well coated with onions & fat. Cook until rice starts to look translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, simmer, stirring until completely evaporated.
- Swirl in tomato paste & red pepper.
- Add 1 cup of the warm stock, stirring until almost completely soaked into rice. Continue the process one cup of stock at a time until the rice is just barely tender.
- Stir in remaining butter.
- Fold in lobster, then cheese & cover to heat through, 5 mins.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Plate & garnish.