Honey Garlic Parmesan Halibut
by Cindy Licht on Jan 04, 2021
Honey Garlic Parmesan Halibut Recipe
Prep time 45 mins Serves 4
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
6 garlic cloves
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter or EVOO
1 pound halibut, skin removed, in 4 even fillets
Kosher salt, as needed
Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2. Cut off the top of the head of garlic and remove the outer paper skin, leaving just the
individually wrapped cloves. On a piece of foil, pour the olive oil over the garlic, then
wrap the foil around it and place it in the oven for 45 minutes, until it’s completely soft.
3. Raise the oven temperature to 425˚F.
4. Heat the butter in an oven-proof pan over low heat. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with
salt and pepper. When the butter is melted, add the halibut and put it into the oven for
10 minutes. The fish should be just cooked and opaque throughout.
5. While the halibut cooks, chop garlic , and mix in parmesan cheese and honey
6. When the halibut is done, pull it out and generously smear the chopped ingredients on
the top. Switch the oven to a high broil and return the pan to the still-hot oven for 4
minutes under the broiler, until the top is almost entirely golden brown.
7. Remove and serve immediately.