A fresh take on a classic Irish dish 🇮🇪
Makes 4 servings ~Less than 30 mins
- 2 lbs Prawns
- 3 lemons
- 1 small onion
- 15 white peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 Head Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 head boston bib lettuce
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tablespoon Brandy
- Juice of Half an Orange
1. To cook the prawns, put on a cold pot of water on the stove; add the bay leaf, 1 lemon cut in half, the peppercorns, the star anise and the salt.
2. Bring to boil, put in the prawns, and cook for about 6-7 minutes. Using tongs, remove the prawns from the boiling water and put them in a bowl with iced water to cool down.
3. After about 10 minutes, snap the tail from the body and peel them. Remove the dirt from the back of the prawns.
4. For the Mary-Rose sauce, mix mayo and ketchup (half the amount of ketchup to mayo), squeeze in the orange juice, add the brandy and mix all. Refrigerate.
5. Shave the iceberg lettuce, add some Mary-Rose sauce, and put it in the glasses or bowl; use a couple of boston bibb leaves too.
6. Toss the prawns in some olive oil and salt and arrange them nicely on top of lettuce; slice the shallot as fine as possible and use as decoration.
7. If you have some smoked Paprika available, sprinkle just a bit on top. Serve with half a lemon