HONEY GARLIC SHRIMP
Ten minutes and a handful of ingredients is all you need to put this together, which makes this a great weeknight meal, but it’s not all about convenience. Take one bite, and I think you’ll agree that this tastes like a lot more work went into it. The best part is that there’s a lot of room for variation by changing up the protein and seasonings, so have some fun and make it your own.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 8 minutes
Servings 2 servings
Calories 301 kcal - room for those 2 Oreo's after....
2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
15 grams garlic (2 large cloves minced)
300 grams shrimp (15 jumbo or 1 lb of your favorite size)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Flat-leaf parsley (for garnish)
Lemon (sliced for garnish)
(most ingredients are available at our on-line store***
1. Make the sauce by combining the wine, honey, and salt in a bowl and stirring until the salt and honey dissolve.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and then add the olive oil and garlic. Saute the garlic until it's fragrant, and just starting to turn a light brown around the edges.
3. Add the shrimp and spread it out in a single layer. Let it fry until it's cooked about 1/3 of the way through.
3. Flip the shrimp over and then add the crushed red pepper.
4. Add the sauce and turn up the heat to high to quickly reduce the sauce into a thick glaze.
5. Serve the shrimp garnished with chopped parsley and lemon slices.
Honey Garlic Shrimp
Amount Per Serving
Calories 301Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 148IU3%
Vitamin C 8mg10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Recipe and Pic borrowed from norecipes.com Chef Marc Matsumoto, an awesome resource for all things Asian