- Romaine lettuce is low in carbohydrates, sugar, and fiber
- Romaine lettuce is a variation of typical salad lettuce, though they stem from the same plant
- Romaine contains a good amount of healthful minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous
- And Most importantly without it there just wouldn't be any Caesar Salad!!!
Recipe Tip from Chef Adam - Grilled Caesar Salad
Ingredients: 2 heads of Romaine, 4T Parmesan Cheese, Good Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, Good Olive oil (this is a perfect recipe - 5 ingredients!
- Take 2 heads of Lettuce/wash / dry by shaking and cut the long way
- Turn your grill on to medium hi
- Drizzle the oil on top of cut side of the lettuce and let sit for 2/3 minutes - don't be shy!
- Season with Salt and Pepper to your liking
- Place on the grill for 2 minutes check that it is not burning cut side down! it will flare up - the fun part! Chef!
- Flip, baste with drippings on the plate and cook for 2 minutes more and quickly remove
- The second it comes off top with the parm cheese and some fresh cracked pepper - serve immediately.
- We like to put some more Raw olive oil on top at this point also. Mangia
Cook & Prep time 10 minutes Max!